Thread: Upgrade Time
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 03:16 PM
BKbigfish
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by godsgift2aviatn View Post
Jamie Baker

Hey, good morning everybody. You’ve had several months now to live with the new pilot contract and at the same time you know the growth rate based on ASM’s is decelerating pretty meaningfully. If I were hired as a first officer today, which would be a bad idea obviously, but what would your best estimate be in terms of how long it would take me to move to the left seat. In two years ago at this time what would your answer have been roughly speaking?

John Bendoraitis

Hey Jamie, this is John Bendoraitis. So right now we're running about – it ranges from two years and eight months to about three years depending on you know when you want to make the move, so we just kind of round it to three years and it's been pretty consistent in my time here. So it's been hovering right around that three year mark, so give or take a few months on either side.

Jamie Baker

And going forward, that's true even with the slower growth rate?

A - Bob Fornaro

But the block hours are, you know you got to look at we're getting bigger. So even though the rate is going down we’re in it.

Ted Christie

And I would say the move Jamie; it’s Ted. The move off of this, there may be you know rounding a little bit, but it's not going to be material shifts. We’re still going to be an extremely attractive place to work for pilots while we continue to grow even at mid-teens rather than ‘21, in ’21. It's still going to be one of the best in the industry.

Jamie Baker

Okay, got it, that was the point of the question.
I thought this question was interesting. Is he really concerned about Spirit’s ability to continue to attract pilots? Could also be a round about way to shake loose some info on aircraft orders/planned growth? I don’t know but I found the question kind of strange for an investor to ask. The investors certainly didn’t seem to be overly concerned with our ability to attract pilots when we were operating under an expired contract for 2+ years at less than half the rate of our peers all while operating under a restraining order.