Old 11-17-2018, 01:17 PM
peaches
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Nboomer View Post
Currently looking for a degree or flight program that I can use my GI bill on. I know it might be a long shot but does anyone ever used or taken flight school with Aviation Academy Hawaii? I have heard mix reviews and was told they will just take my money with very limited flight time. Also wondering if any military guys have any experience with liberty University? Thank you for any help anyone can send my way!

I graduated and instructed at liberty for a few years and had quite a few GI students. Liberty does a good job with their military students. When I first was a student I envied the GI guys because they could fly as much as they wanted with hardly any spending limit. That has since changed. The bill covers the minimum hours needed to get your certificate. The minimum for a private is 35 hours so for example if it took you 45 hours to get your private you would be responsible for covering 10 of those flight hours. If you are interested in Liberty I would contact the military affairs office for more information.

Good luck