View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 08:09 PM
dracir1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by motorboatin View Post
Again, ReserveCa with simplistic nonsense. Look man, why don’t you quit while you’re behind. Emotion doesn’t win this. The process is a thinking man’s game. You say BS, you say pay me. The informed understand the process and weigh the pros and cons and accept the reality. But you, continue to stomp your feet, continue to bang your chest.
I honestly don’t get it.

Mgt basically did minimal to no negotiation before. What was it - like 2 years of it? Their intilal offer didn’t really qualify as an offer despite the fact that it was an improvement. It’s not hard to improve upon the lowest rates in the industry - especially when those rates are easily 40% lower than the next highest. So, really, ANY raise, no matter how slight, is an improvement and can be called an “offer.”

However, all of the sudden (last couple of months), management provides a real offer. Why now? Why ever? Why wouldn’t they just ride out current rates until next year? Or 2023? Or until the last pilot retires/walks away and they close the doors? What happened that caused them to now make an offer that is worthy of consideration?

That’s the real question here.

But, whatever the reason, it doesn’t really matter. What matters is that they ARE ready to actually negotiate. Yes? Can we all agree upon that?

If so, then perhaps (humor me) they actually made an offer with more to give just in case. Maybe they actually can afford a higher wage, higher per diem, more retirement and maybe even profit sharing. I mean, they DO want an agreement right?

What’s the harm in seeing just how bad they want it? The worst thing that could happen is we waste a few months...we’ve already waited longer than every other group. Is it really that scary of a proposition? Do we think if we say no the offer will go away or get worse? Is that what we expect of negotiations?

We already know door #1 is LAST place. Don’t you want to see what’s behind door #2?

Last edited by dracir1; 11-17-2018 at 08:35 PM.