Thread: Class Dates
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 01:32 AM
chrisreedrules
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by evanss9550 View Post
Awesome, thanks for the update. I chatted with a recruiter earlier and got a ton of great information. I've been flying in the corporate market for about 12 years now and have my ATP, some types, and a good amount of turbine PIC. I think I'll be able to get in pretty quickly according to what he said. Now it's decision time....i'm sitting on a pretty lucrative offer to fly a Challenger 300 PIC Part 135, and also have a pretty comfortable job right now. I'm not sure that my current path will ever get me to a major though.
There are 135 pilots who make it to legacies and majors. But the odds aren’t necessarily in your favor. 121 time is a good way to network and build experience that the big 3 seem to prefer. That being said, with your experience have you entertained the thought of an LCC?

Upside to an LCC is you’ll make more money than you ever will at a regional and if you never move on you at least have a job providing you with the lifestyle you desire for a good paycheck.

That all being said, if you look at the breakdowns of who’s been hired at legacies the vast majority are regional CAs and ex-military. So a regional is still a better shot than anywhere else right now, it’s just a question of whether the juice is worth the squeeze depending on your age and goals.