View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 04:56 AM
Trowserchilli
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by Qotsaautopilot View Post
Why are pilots on this thread using Spirit as a measuring stick. It’s the bottom contract. Not something to strive for.

And the 125% over 82hrs isn’t worth much as pointed out. It’s in there as psychological motivator to get folks to pick up extra time. In doing so it essentially eliminates the chances of premium pay events as pilots gobble up open time for a few extra hundred bucks thinking they’re getting rich.
Unfortunately guys here are stuck in small, bankrupt, beat down airline mode. Even one of the NC members bragged about how many credits he could attain by working on one of his vacations.

I’m not interested in selling points of what happens after 82hr. Nor how many credits I can attain by working on my vacation days.

I’m interested in what happens for 75hr a month, our guarantee. Also enjoying my vacation days off and my other days off in a normal month. Not being strapped to flica alerts to go over 82hr.

In fact we should have negotiated a CREDIT CAP. Let’s promote growing the seniority list and making more people captains.

How about working smarter for more rather then working harder for more. How about an industry average wage so you can work your schedule and enjoy your days off?