Old 11-20-2018, 05:21 AM
Blutarsky
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Halon1211 View Post
Is the APC page on FlexJet pretty accurate? It shows most junior captain hired in 2006. I know a guy that has been there for almost two years and says he “close” to upgrade. Also he claims that top Captains at Flex Jet makes 280-300K per year, however that math didn’t seem to add up on Flex Jets APC Page.
I put off answering this because management has been promising new pay scales, improved workrules and better benefits. They are now three weeks past their self imposed deadline for announcing those changes. So I'm going to post what we currently have. I'll update it if they ever do announce changes.
The most junior captain who upgraded in seniority order (International Large Cabin or "ILC" positions are interview only, more on that later) was hired 8-2-2007 and his initials are CN. Pilots who haven't reached two full years, like your friend, have 80-100 pilots ahead of them for upgrade. Currently we are upgrading about 6 FOs per month, however CN is 70% down the seniority list. Traditionally we have about 60% captains. In order for a pilot hired today to get his management advertised "Three Year Upgrade", we will have to upgrade 6.2 FOs per month for the next 33 months. There are 207 FOs ahead of our hypothetical 3 year captain.
The 6 junior captains who interviewed for the ILC positions are a bit of a mystery. We have a lot of pilots with extensive international experience who signed up and were told they wouldn't even get an interview because "you are not qualified". The junior pilots who were hired have, for the most part, zero experience. So what management's requirements are is anyone's guess. For pay, see my next post...