View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 12:04 PM
Machaca
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by ecam View Post
Those of us who have been on the Airbus for a while have always said it. The AB training department is a fiefdom run by people trying to exert authority, power and ego. It had always been a case of "I'm going to prove i'm better/smarter than you" and "Haha you have to get past me if you want to keep your job". Training has always consisted of minutea that's mostly useless online and full of gotcha items. Most pilots I know dread coming to training and treat their job like its a 6 month employment contract because you never know. Most say they studied everything they were told to study then felt like they didn't study or told that. A lot seems to depend on the APD, what kind of day they are having, and whether they think you deserve it or not. It is all way too subjective. We need AQP here. But any reforms will be good. A shutdown by the FAA might bring useful change. Safety is degraded when the training culture is toxic and training feels like a punishment instead of a learning experience. That is what we have right now. Toxic culture.
The AQP necessity pretty much sums up what we see here...I remember when the guy that was supposed to be ginning up the AQP program suddenly became the prime salesman for that idiotic ADAPT nonsense...two failures that continue to plague this company. Apparently, the FCOM nonsense is a reprise on this theme?