View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 11:12 AM
Sunny1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010

Did I miss something??? All I’ve been hearing and reading about from the union is this new and awesome VBP that is going to be so much better for everyone. Well, everyone except for maybe those hired in their mid 40’s (like myself), but that’s ok, because it benefits anyone with 25 years and a high five, and after all - those are the folks who really need more of a retirement benefit, so it’s definitely a fair trade off - NOT!

Are they now calling it a ‘Pension stabilization Plan’ because they think we’re not smart enough to know the old saying ‘you can put lipstick on a pig, but in the end it’s still a pig’?

I would actually respect our union leadership more if they’d come out and say ‘Hey, we’re going to change the name of this thing to XXX’, and explain why, but to change the name of it with no explanation (at least I haven’t read anything as to why) tells me that they’re feeling desperate to sell this thing.

Hey union leadership, pull your head out of the sand and admit this VRB scheme that Chuck found on the Internet created by someone no one’s ever heard of isn’t the answer. How about you just FIX THE DAMN A PLAN - which is what we were told was possible and affordable during the last round of negotiations. Don’t tell me leaving the A plan alone was a victory because we were able to fend off PBS because guess what? I’ve been living in the VTO/Secondary line world the past 6 months and it sure feels like PBS to me.

Almost everyone I fly with is in their first year, and generally much younger than I was when hired. Not a single one of them has said they support the VRB the union is pushing for - most believe the numbers the union is putting out are unrealistic. It’s just strange to me that I keep hearing generally the same thing from the people I fly with, yet the union keeps saying things that aren’t even close to what I’m hearing. Here’s a great idea - if you want buy in then publish the results of all these surveys, and I mean ALL the results. Don’t pick and chose little bits and pieces to make it appear that the majority of membership support this thing. The union leadership talks about transparency, but then they use words like proprietary, and privileged info to mask things they don’t want us to know because it won’t support what they’re wanting us to believe.

Rant Over ...