Old 11-23-2018, 09:05 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Better Dreams

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Your "dream job" isn't going to come up. You've discussed your past far too much here, such that it's a well known quantity. You walked away with no significant experience, and your dream job requires just one thing: you stick with it. You didn't. You quit.

Your dream job is available any time; all you have to is...show up.
John,

You think you know a lot about me. I did not quit. I was laid off with a young family to support during a time when pilots were not worth very much. As a result, I discovered success outside of aviation. I do not share your assessment of my experience. I worked hard as a pilot for 18 years before I was laid off. During that time I held a variety of meaningful positions that span charter, corporate, and airline.

Conditions are much better now in aviation, however, there are opportunities elsewhere too. Aviation is facing steep competition from many industries. I am glad that holding the course is working out for you. I had a different path presented to me and I am very thankful as to how it worked out.

I wish I was provided with a way to keep my airline dream alive without causing more harm to my family and finances but I could not. I am not going to get in line at an airline ever again unless it is for a situation that is near perfect for me. Anything less than that and I have better things to do.

Even under the best conditions life as an airline pilot is far from easy. The career is not above being evaluated. The statistics bare out that plenty abandon aviation at all ages. There are other ways to earn a living that might be better for some. Why do you get so upset at a differing view? How is my contribution here such a threat to you?

SkyHigh