View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 11:29 AM
IslandHop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: Phenom Captain

Originally Posted by Ontarieaux View Post
Didn’t want to get involved but Island Hop you are seeming a little too much like a fanboy. There is a lot of good about Jet Suite but a LOT needs to be fixed, especially on the X side.

Furthermore, we are NOT union. JPAC is an advisory committee to management. Do you even know how unions work? We don’t have one.

Jet Suite isn’t a terrible place to be by any means, but there is still a lot of work to be done in the QOL department. The pay is fine but it’s not groundbreaking. Certainly a step up but there is nobody but you singing their praises for the new pay. It brought us from well below industry standard to being on par with a low middle-tier regional. Woo.

Your lack of understanding of the industry throughout this thread continues to make me wonder if you are even a pilot here or just a management plant. By the way, NetJets isn’t 135, they’re 91K.

At this point I almost entirely doubt you are a pilot actively flying here and not someone who works in recruiting.
you are right. i am a fan of a good place to work with decent pay, pilot conditions and QOL who wouldn't be?

like every company there is room for improvement. x and inc are both going through growing pains (as to be expected for any company transitioning from small to large)

trust me i am fully aware of how a union works. i spent 2 years paying those ALPA guys to screw eagle/envoy while PSA and Piedmont slashed em at the knees while i was at eaglevoy... I was there got the T-shirt and want nothing to do with anything relating to a pilot union.

QOL? what kind of QOL of life issues are you seeing please enlighten us.

The new pay on par with low-middle tier regional??? that statement alone discredits a lot of what you have to say... please find a regional that tops our pay scale from first year FO to 20 year captain and doesn't have a ridiculous tax riddled bonus attached to it. Compare straight pay to pay. go ahead I'll wait.

definitely not a management plant... just a pilot who has been in the industry for 11 years in both 121 and 135 trying to offer facts to people considering Jetsuite.

and since we are in the weeds MY MISTAKE NETJETS IS 91K... my comparison was purely to their benefits and pay package. it is irrelevant what kind of Regulations they operate under since pilots all do the same essential tasks. Flight plan, preflight, fly and post flight.

hope this satisfies your insecurities Ontarieaux