View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 03:40 PM
PasserOGas
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Bluetruth View Post
The FAs are pushing hard to get rid of the cleaning requirement as part of their first contract. I'm sure the company is reminding them that everyone helps them out, and the FAs are replying with the obvious truth that almost no one helps out besides other FAs.

If the FAs are going to get less value out of the concession of having to clean, you better believe they are going to want to make sure everyone cleans. Why should they have to clean for next to nothing and be told its next to nothing since "everyone helps out".

umm no.

So either everyone has to clean , and there has to be easy and swift accountability (like a check box on the ipad seating chart showing s4s that can be toggled cleaned/did not clean that gets auto sent to inflight leadership and the leadership of the offending work group, is one solution i've heard), or the company stops all this madness and agrees to hire cleaners as part of the first contract with the FAs.

But just waving and saying bye as you walk past all the non rev FAs digging through pockets needs to end one way or the other. Happy cleaning, and don't forget its more than just crossing seat belts
Nice. If they impliment an iPad tracking system that will definitely go into my "how fast do I taxi and with how many engines" decision making matrix.

To be clear, I would have to be called into the chief pilot personally before I MAY clean, and if I ever did it would be seat belts only.

"Sorry sir, I was in such a rush I missed that used airsickness bag!"