View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 12:24 PM
hoya saxa
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD11 Captain

Originally Posted by KrustyF15 View Post
Me thinks they changed the name from “variable benefit plan” to “pension stabilization plan” because people are finally starting to see the man behind the curtain... and a wonderful Wizard he is not.

The only crew members in the cockpit I’ve talked to that want to pursue this negotiation are A FEW of the over 25 YOS guys who have nothing to lose... talk about misrepresentation. Ugh.

That’s not been my personal observation. I fly with a lot of recent hires, of all different ages and backgrounds, and hear a lot more confusion or open mindedness than outright opposition. I’m no proponent of a plan that hasn’t even been negotiated but I’ll withhold judgment until we have something to actually examine. Why? Because we currently have a decreasing benefit due to inflation with absolutely zero other prospects of fixing it. Yes, should’ve been done during the last 2 section 6’s but it wasn’t. If they come back with a turd then we vote it down. I believe/hope this group has evolved enough the last few years to not automatically vote “yes” to anything that the MEC puts out for a vote. Regardless, the only place I hear nothing but virulent opposition to exploring pension improvement through VBP is on here - not on the crew bus or in the cockpit. If we reject every effort the NC/MEC make on our behalf because we don’t trust them then we can just count on never making any further improvements to our lot in life. And that’s just, like, my opinion, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk