Old 11-25-2018, 11:20 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by PDRit View Post
Careers aren’t ruined by the Hogan. Who do you blame if you pass the Hogan and fail the face to face interview? The interview team? I’m guessing you and your “friends” would never blame themselves because they are perfect. And thus that is why you and your “friends” were whacked via the Hogan.

If United used the Hogan results and shared them with other employers then you would have a case. But they don’t. You just aren’t what the company is looking for. Move on.
If the company can make a legitimate business case - that is, demonstrate that those selected with the Hogan perform in some way better than those rejected by it, there is no problem whatsoever under the ADA. But so far nobody has been able to demonstrate that.

It ain't personal. I've never taken the Hogan, but I am familiar how HR people are being affected by the ADA and rightly or wrongly, use of the Hogan might prove a legal risk under the ADA UNLESS A BUSINESS CASE CAN BE MADE.

It wouldn't be the first well intentioned but perhaps poorly written law that got twisted into something scarcely recognizable by the legal community. Title IX comes to mind.

For that matter, have you flown with your first miniature horse service animal yet? Most followers of Islam won't do seeing eye dogs it turns out.