Old 11-25-2018, 02:08 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by PDRit View Post
Demonstrate to who? If you have a lawsuit then why don’t you put your legal claim to the test. I suspect you will lose that case but you are making claims that aren’t supported. Your ADA claims are ridiculous. Is United supposed to administer an oral test because someone isn’t smart enough to read and understand the question?

Sorry my friend but you are barking up the wrong tree. Go find another job/carrier. You just don’t fit in at UAL. Deal with it.
As you may or may not know, the ADA was specifically changed after Sutton vs UAL precisely because UAL WON that one, and pretty much at the suggestion of the Supreme a court justices that ruled against the Sutton sisters.

https://dredf.org/publications/mayerson.html

The prior definition of disability was then changed to ...or PERCEIVED to have a disability to make it so that employers would have to justify with a business case analysis their disqualifications.

I'm not sure why you have all the animus directed at me personally for simply raising the question, or what your basis is for deciding that I would or would not fit in to UAL. (Because I hold a different opinion than you on an esoteric legal point? That seems rather weak.)

And no, I have no basis for a lawsuit against UAL because if you actually read what I wrote above, I HAVE NEVER TAKEN THE HOGAN. As anyone with even a modicum of understanding of the law would realize, that means I personally woukd not have standing to sue.

But why are YOU so rabid about the Hogan? Is your 401k entirely invested in stock in the Hogan company? If so, that's extremely ill-advised. One adverse court ruling could wipe it out.