Old 11-25-2018, 03:40 PM
PDRit
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
As you may or may not know, the ADA was specifically changed after Sutton vs UAL precisely because UAL WON that one, and pretty much at the suggestion of the Supreme a court justices that ruled against the Sutton sisters.

https://dredf.org/publications/mayerson.html

The prior definition of disability was then changed to ...or PERCEIVED to have a disability to make it so that employers would have to justify with a business case analysis their disqualifications.

I'm not sure why you have all the animus directed at me personally for simply raising the question, or what your basis is for deciding that I would or would not fit in to UAL. (Because I hold a different opinion than you on an esoteric legal point? That seems rather weak.)

And no, I have no basis for a lawsuit against UAL because if you actually read what I wrote above, I HAVE NEVER TAKEN THE HOGAN. As anyone with even a modicum of understanding of the law would realize, that means I personally woukd not have standing to sue.

But why are YOU so rabid about the Hogan? Is your 401k entirely invested in stock in the Hogan company? If so, that's extremely ill-advised. One adverse court ruling could wipe it out.

The SCOTUS make up has changed a bit since that ruling. What makes you think any ADA bias claim could be taken to the Supreme Court again?

What exactly is your complaint about the disability that would prevent you from being successful in the Hogan?

You claimed UAL was not hiring a varied group of pilots and the numbers don’t find that to be true. Our flight ops management make up disproves your theory.

Why is it so important to you if you haven’t taken the test and failed?

You ask why I care? Because I know based on your writings and opinions I would not want to sit next to you on a 4 day trip. Having extreme views in this profession is not good for CRM. You’ve shown you have issues and can’t let something go. Have to have the last word and are on a tangent that doesn’t correlate to normal or everyday thinking. Don’t think there is a hiring committee anywhere that embraces what your are selling.

Why