View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 05:32 PM
symbian simian
Line holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A

Originally Posted by jetlag7 View Post
As a transportation employee, travel from home is a necessary component of my career.

My employer provides hotel accommodations and a daily stipend to cover living expenses while conducting business away from my home domicile on their behalf.

The hotel and stipend (per diem) are logistical necessities. My employer is not giving me a hotel room as compensation for work nor are they giving me per diem for the same.

Due to the scarcity of dining establishments near most FBOs and my employer's preference to keep me on duty "close-by" rather than release me to obtain nourishment off-site (utilizing per diem), my employer provides crewmeals.

The crewmeal program provides my employer a collection of "flight-ready" crews without the need to disrupt the operational schedule with meal breaks.

The program exists so they don't have to schedule regular meal breaks. It's entirely for their benefit - not ours.

The hotel, the per diem, and the crewmeals are operational components of the business -- they are not compensation.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Yeah, but if you worked for a company that didn't provide those "operational components" you would have less money in the bank. Just saying.