View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 05:46 AM
Viking6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
Thank you for the reply.

I wasn't trying to find out about the clause part, I am curious as to the policy with getting to work. How does it work here? For example, Endeavor has a policy where if you don't get on your first flight (any airline) they can positive space you on delta/endeavor metal to domicile. Does Republic do anything like that?

I am ok with a crash pad, just wondering how long one would typically look at spending on reserve. I am not picky about base since I am commuting anyway, but I prefer a one leg commute from RDU or GSO.

Thank you again
Republic doesn’t positive space typicaly and it’s not in our contract. The one exception is if the weather is bad (winter storm, hurricane, etc..). Basically our entire commuter clause is the 4 “free” occurrences per rolling12 months. Doesn’t sound like a big deal, but Republic is big on attendance, and they will terminate you if you abuse the system.

Probably your best base would be DCA, because the base is very commuter friendly. Stay away from outstations, because they’re not commuter friendly. If you give yourself 2 flight, then you will normally be good.