Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 08:10 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by Rabid Seagull View Post
I agree with your statement, except when management sends out emails like the one yesterday from John ______. It just illustrates how out-of-touch management really is and how they continue to live in their own Utopia.

" stand in the cockpit doorway" to say goodbye. I CAN'T, the lav cleaners are the first ones on the plane. BEFORE any of the customers have deplaned.

" thank the customers...together with our inflight" . Yeh, that may happen when you're working, but 85% of the time the inflight are too busy to say goodbye because they're ALREADY cleaning.

So nobody is around to say "good bye", you might as well just say "we're done with you folks, now get off our plane". That's what it seems like in the real world to the customers.

I am also rooting for our management, but they've created this and I'm not so sure they know how to correct it ( or even realize it's a problem).
Um, management didn't choose the "stand in the doorway to say goodbye" option when they wrote the CBA....

That option required a higher level of investment than they were willing to make.

Same thing with SET and other fuel savings initiatives.

Restoring our profit sharing would have helped a lot on all those "good-will" initiatives. We asked, they said "no".

Their choice. Choices have consequences.