View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 10:15 AM
PontiusPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Reverse Cowgirl

Originally Posted by afterburn81 View Post
I get you. Myt comment is directed towards an XJT only scenario. XJT nets around 3 new hires per month. This is straight from the training center. Right now they have a class with 1 guy. Pretty sad. The company is doing absolutely nothing to attract guys. I honestly wish this was by choice but after being here for 12 years, I firmly believe it’s mainly the residual culture of a management that feels they shouldn’t have to provide incentives and that it should just be cool enough that you get to fly a jet.

So my point is, without the ability to genuinely and organically attract FOs, there cannot be growth. Growth is required for both QOL and pay. When upgrades are around the 17 year mark, it’s really tough to gauge when the good times will be. I’d love nothing more than for this place to turn around. In order to do so, a completely new culture will need to prevail.
I think recruiting is essentially at a standstill until things start happening. This is apparently also the reason why a higher signing bonus hasn’t already been implemented. That money will attract a better applicant post-announcement than it would now.

Jan. 6 is the last flight for AA, and Jan. 31 is the contingency deadline. Things should become clearer soon.