View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Bahamasflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by billsaw View Post
Pilot Shortage Is Real and Getting Worse | NBAA 2018 content from Aviation Week

The same story over and over at this point it's like a broken record. Corporate flight departments wondering where they are gonna get people.

This is so simple it should be embarrassing. Pay what the airlines pay and give a schedule. So 1 week on, one week off Netjets and others already do it so it's not some new phenomenon.

Then Pay like the airlines so 300k a year and then nobody will leave.

Until then lets write some more articles about why people are leaving $150,000 a year jobs while being treated like slaves to take jobs making $300,000 and being treated like humans with time off to spend with their family.

"Gee Mr. VP of aviation I just can't understand why they all keep leaving?"

"Well Mr. CEO me neither I mean we let them stay in $100 a night hotels when we go to New York......"

Simplest problem with the simplest solution and the longer all these companies wait to get on board with the solution the worse the problem gets because the smaller the pool will be and the more it will cost them.
^What he said^

And if the $$ difference and time off isn't enough, to add insult to injury, most corporate pilots work five times harder than 121 guys at the majors.

At the airlines, you don't have to be responsible for arranging ground transportation for the pax, or the backup transportation if you have to divert.

At the airlines you don't have to worry about finding a hangar, calling FBO's days in advance, scrutinizing overflight and landing permits, finding a handler, and on and on..........

Not to mention in 121, you can not be furloughed out of seniority order, or flat out fired just for saying "no" or because the boss found someone else he likes more who will fly for less.

Corporate operators are going to be in a world of hurt 5+ yrs from now when the 121 retirements really pick up in earnest.