View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 04:26 PM
Andy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

Originally Posted by Dave Fitzgerald View Post
I disagree. The company needs to solve the RJ issue. They already have all they need to do it now, but they, or Kirby, don't think so. It will take time for them to come to the realization. The more time they take, the farther we fall behind Delta. But I do think they will eventually realize it. Later than sooner. I think in the next year; however after our target of the amenable date.

Kirby is the stumbling block. He needs to stop and pop his head up out of his gopher hole. And....Delta keeps pulling father ahead of us in lots of ways.

Even if they come to the realization this next year, the availability of airframes is dwindling. Time is on our side. Unless we want a SuperJet, or Comac--please not!
Kirby's been around this business for a very long time. I very much doubt he's blind to the regional RJ's coming demise - if he is, then he needs to be kicked to the curb. My personal opinion (worth exactly zero) is that he's speaking of the need for more regional RJs publicly in order to distract us while he gets what he wants on other parts of the contract. Such as NSNB rates. And I'm sure there are other areas that he's targeting - I will admit that I don't know what they are, but I view scope as Kirby's version of a magician trying to redirect the crowd's attention to a shiny distraction.