View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 08:12 PM
queue
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by PasserOGas View Post
2. Bloodborne Pathogens.
The requirements of OSHA’s bloodborne pathogens standard concerning hepatitis B
vaccinations, personal protective equipment (PPE), and exposure training could be applied to
employees on aircraft in operation (other than flight deck crew) without compromising aviation
safety. However, OSHA requirements that necessitate engineering and administrative controls
may implicate aviation safety and would need to be subject to FAA approval.

Hmm. Could it apply? When did the company last vaccinate us against hepatitis?

I mean is working for zero pay cleaning planes "occupational"? If labor is being performed does the minimum wage apply? Taxes? SS?

Remember, not everyone cleaning is governed by the RLA so the waters aren't as muddy for them.

I don't think OSHA has any jurisdiction whatsoever. I read the previously cited PDF that has the OSHA <--> FAA MOU and it clearly states that the FAA has jurisdiction although basically they will 'listen' to OSHA.

I believe this is also why OSHA/EPA have done nothing about cabin air quality. I do know for a fact that OSHA/EPA do get involved instantly if an airport building fails air quality standards, yet, if the APU sucks in jet exhaust and gasses out your aircraft, they will do nothing because it's the FAA's sandbox.