View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 02:18 PM
Tailhookah
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Widget Jet

Analysts...what a word. If I listened to analysis over the years I’d have missed out on the biggest bull market Wall st has ever seen. These so called oil analysts? They’re idiots. They never get it right. A few years ago I was out skiing in Steamboat. My wife and another couple were in a big resort hot tub apres ski when a group of dudes showed up who were all in the fracking industry. In a nut shell.... they said they were going to be the shock absorber to the oil industry for a very long time. The frackers are flexible...they can ramp up quickly and shut down quickly... when oil spikes they ramp up... flood the market and bring the price down. Then shutter their wells and wait for the cycle all over again.... it’s the best advice I’ve ever gotten for the price of oil. That advice has been spot on over the past 4 years. These analysts are flunkies who could never make it anywhere else. So they dish on an industry they don’t understand or are able to make a living at... except to gin up fantasy stories of doom and gloom about a subject they’ve rarely ever gotten right. About the only profession that regularly does worse with zero negative feedback are the meteorologists. Don’t get me started on them!