Old 12-06-2018, 04:32 AM
baronbvp
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Position: E175 FO

Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
Why did you study the Prowler NATOPS?

One of the recommended sources to prep for the SkyWest interview was to review the operating manual of the aircraft you were most recently current in. It was valuable because I know (knew) the jet and its systems. So reviewing the engine, electrical, fuel, hydraulic, pneumatic, and flight control systems of an aircraft you already know helps you recall the relationships and functionality.

Too, SkyWest in the past has asked interviewees to sketch the basic system of the engine or electrical system of their most recent aircraft. So I hand drew the CSD/generators; left, right and essential 115vAC buses; essential 26vAC bus; left, right, and essential 28vDC buses; and the ram air turbine and how they were basically connected including with the transformer/rectifiers and switches.

That was an excellent review for me compared to just reading about aircraft systems in general (which I also did). As I’ve mentioned on a couple posts, I spent a lot of time going “oh yeah” in my head as I recalled material that I hadn’t thought about for 14 years, but which stuck well freshly and more easily in my brain because I had known it well in the past.