View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 07:06 AM
dracir1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by WaterRooster View Post
So because we have 320-321s we should get paid Delta+ because our company makes more money? I don’t disagree that we should, everyone should, make the same amount of money. It’s a perfect world then. Though your example, I’ll use doctors because they are around the same pay as us, DO make less if they work with different clients. In fact a lot won’t accept Medicare/cade because they would make less. A lot try to go to private practice because they CAN discriminate on who they take because of the money they can make.
So if you want to start your own ULCC you can charge whatever you want!

Listen, they deal is below Spirit. That’s not good. But don’t kid yourself that F9 is the same airline as DL or even JB.
That’s the fallacy of the argument - that we should expect Delta rates. Delta is a fine airline, but their customers aren’t different than Alaska. Yet Delta makes more. I get that not every company pays the same - but MOST if not ALL companies (doctor offices, accounting firms, etc) are much closer in pay to each other than us. We are still well below average. More than 4-5% less. That’s significant. Over the course of years, that greater difference equates to Tens of Thousands of dollars.

I’m not asking for Delalta rates. I don’t think anyone is. But we should’ve started negotiations at those rates so that we meet in the middle (somewhere around industry average).

How do we not know how NEGOTIATIONS work in 2018? We are still well below industry average much less Delta...