Old 12-06-2018, 07:12 AM
Marlin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Fo...md80

I’ll just chime in my 2 cents...
Flew 10.5 years at eagle , been a capt at AA for 1.5 years and get to fly with lots of eagle flowthru guys and gals, check airmen in their previous life’s at envoy and PSA. To a man , they recount stories of folks struggling , but a good ATTITUDE is the most important attribute , assuming the student can fly at all. Even at AA , if guys struggle in the sim or IOE, attitude and humility are weighted heavily and extra time is never a problem... you will be fine !!
I would suggest...having done MANY long courses( which is what you will be doing)... prep for the day ahead , don’t focus on what you still need to brush up on from yesterday . Chair fly a lot in front of the paper cockpit , from before start to shutdown , what are you looking for and saying at each point . Check rides are all the same . Low vis takeoffs , v1 cuts, system malfunction , ILS, missed approach, non ILS, holding( btw, I’ve always drawn the holding pattern with my finger on the glass compass rose, none of the 30 degree from inbound and such, just look at the pattern you draw, and the entry is easy). Don’t let the “jet, glass , fancy whiz bang stuff get to your head, it’s just an airplane , only faster, and you won’t go much above 200 kts the whole ride . Get with your sim partner and CHAIR FLY... can’t say it enough .
It all comes together at the end, you will be ready!!
Good luck , and have fun!
Joe
Ps... remember that THEY hired you to succeed , it’s their jet , operate how they tell you to, and be grateful for the opportunity