View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 07:58 AM
dracir1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by WaterRooster View Post
The ULCC class exists because there is consumer demand for it. it has nothing to do with the pilots, but the customer. If F9 shuts down another one would pop up because the consumer wants a $45 ticket. Its a class that is not going to go away.

I have not said the pay is acceptable once actually. I have agreed with you that they contract is substandard. Where we don't agree is what numbers we should be looking at. For me it is a minimum of the NK contract. All of it.

Like I said, we aren't far off from the same view point here.
The class of customer has ALWAYS existed - even when SW prices started to climb. And as your put it, if F9 ceases to exist or is forced to charge more due to labor costs (which that in of itself is a whole different discussion) another ULCC will spring up in its place.

That’s a GREAT idea. Why don’t we vote this down, fight for higher pay, F9 sells us then starts their next ULCC project with Skywest or Trans States or whomever. And that ULCC can do it’s job over the next 10-15 years of fighting for its higher wages. Then Indigo sells them, buys another regional, and the cycle continues.

We win because of the obvious. Regional pilot groups win by upgrading to a ULCC (Legacy B scale) and Airbus type ratings. The costumer wins with exanding low cost markets and by keeping costs low on higher capacity aircraft than the typical regional. Indigo wins by undercutting all the Legacies by taking their cheap domestic lift AND makes a ton by paying cheaper labor.

So vote no and start the process. Our time at the B scale is complete.

Last edited by dracir1; 12-06-2018 at 08:20 AM.