View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 10:58 AM
symbian simian
Line holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A

Originally Posted by dracir1 View Post
This is a very scary thought process. It’s like a weed that needs to be plucked...

So, I guess if there’s a restaurant or dry cleaners or accounting firm or doctors office that caters to a “different” type of client, the workers should accept less pay despite the fact that the owners earn on par with what other owners who don’t cater to the same client? Is there a class of worker in EVERY industry that should be content with earning much less even through the owners and management don’t?

Where do people with this mentality come from? What is your background? Where did you grow up? What did your parents tell you when you were 12 - become an airline pilot but understand that if you get with a good airline but a ULCC owner buys it, you should settle for their below industry average pay?

Did canceling a few vacations do this to you?
Restaurant not a good example: I know a few guys that have a couple of franchise "premium" fast food restaurants. They pay minimum wage to their workers and live in million dollar homes. Pretty sure the difference in pay between a Ruth Chris server and his boss is smaller... Not that I agree with it, I was very pi##ed of when Bob F said we were second tier pilots while he was making more money than most airline CEOs.