Old 12-07-2018, 07:23 AM
rvfanatic
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr View Post
Long story short, right b4 Man V, I get pull off of training. I was not given a reason other than a phone number to call a union rep. Again to make a long story short, union rep mentioned FEDEX legal was accusing me of failing to disclose information.

I never received an email nor a phone call from any manager to give me an opportunity to provide my feedback. Basically I was thrown out to the dogs.
Is this how business is conducted elsewhere?

It seems unfortunate that new hires on probation lack union protections and these sorts of issues are not addressed at a lower level first. This is the second story I've heard of at purple in the last two weeks where an individual was given the "resign or we'll fire you and tarnish your record" ultimatum.

It's interesting because in interviews, HR likes to hear about how applicants have people skills and can pull colleagues aside and ask questions or make corrections as needed without issues being elevated. But in both stories I've heard, the probation pilot had zero chance at interaction with the accused party or their own management team. I'm all for holding individuals accountable and loyalty and integrity are extremely important to me, but is this the right way of going about it?