Thread: Alpa drive?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Nevjets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by DarkSideMoon View Post
To be fair, nothing they’re doing in that email is particularly groundbreaking or important. I’m still pro union but alpa encouraging the FAA to move faster on rewriting an oxygen mask rule that is basically a minor inconvenience at worst isn’t something I particularly care about.

I’ve posted more than that email. And ALPA has been working on every pilots’ behalf on these kind of safety and security issues from day one. One good thing about ALPA is that if you something in particular you care about, ALPA already has a conduit for you to get in involved in a way that you can actually make a difference. Or if your issue is not on the forefront of ALPA, you can spearhead it and do something about it, again, in a way that can make a difference. For example, the whole fume event phenomena was being ignored. One spirit pilot took the reigns on that and now the latest FAA reauthorization has language in it to start dealing with this problem. It’s a whole lot harder to get legislation passed into law if you aren’t ALPA or are non-union.