View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 06:55 PM
Peloton
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

In 2017 NJA flew 376,000 total flight hours. That works out to be about 134.5 hours per pilot on the seniority list. Let’s just say for the sake of argument management pilots and guys on terminal leave are left off and we round that up to 150 hours per pilot. These are solid numbers reported by NJA, along with 250,000 flights and around 420 planes.

So we have 12.1 hours per tour to beat on an average. Let’s say that’s over 18 tours. That’s 26 minus vacation/training/sick etc etc etc. That gets us to a threshold of 217 hours per pilot per year. So let’s think about this a little. 607K total company flight hours a year to get to that threshold. That’s an increase of well over 200K flight hours to get to the average pilot over the 12.1. Now of course I’m using averages and company provided data so give or take a few ten thousands.

If you think NJA is going to grow 200K flight hours in the next few years then you have been listening to Sean Spicer a little much.

Will some make off better? Yeah mostly long haul guys that can rack up 20 hours a tour on two days. But the great majority will see little benefit to this. I averaged 221 hours a year for 12 years on different schedules and different fleets.Thats pretty damned close to the 217 needed to get a “raise” but is it worth it handcuff one for 3 more years?

Retractable/FalconPilot (who may be the same person for all I know) think it will be a HUGE pay raise. The union disagrees with you as it’s but the preamble to the TA document. I disagree with you. I am willing to bet on it but have not heard back ftom JL.