View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 11:26 PM
higney85
Property of Scheduling

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus driver

Originally Posted by Big E 757 View Post
According to whom? I haven’t been following too closely to our workup to negotiations, but I KNOW that one of the top items on our agenda is going to be JV scope that is thus far unresolved....Korean and Aeromexico.

Now, our most educated guy, has been hired away from us by management, before negotiations, and “There’s nothing to see here”?

Come on, Bar. I hope you don’t believe that he will not be involved in negotiations. He might not be at the table, but he will be helping them build their case.
We can criticize, but hope he views his new gig as “for all of Delta” and doesn’t forget the fact that he is a pilot in the roots. Sometimes it works out, other times it becomes a new term of blasphemy. The fact that the “scope guy” is going to the company side, but not on the company negotiating side may be helpful. In the end, we all get a vote of “NO” if it’s bad. The company may actually want a real SME on hand for an offer to start on the same page, for once. Hey, it could happen that the company “understands” JV and codeshare to work on the same playing field. Maybe it’s not the worst scenario. Glass half full. In 6 months it may be “they understand” or could be “dig in for war”. Only time will tell. The fact that the company picked someone with said experience shows that they understand the pilots have issue with section 1. How they respond will show the resolve. Being that JV/scope is such a big issue, I want to go 51/49 that the company wants a pilot to really say “here’s the reality, before you try to deal”. Only time will tell.