Old 12-11-2018, 01:42 PM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by DarinFred View Post
I got 2 months off with IMAX last year, paid. Can you do that at Delta?
We have nothing like IMAX. As a perpetual reserve bidder I would hate it when guys hit their max and make me have to actually go to work.

Originally Posted by Sliceback View Post
Ask on the DL forum.

Guy on C&R said his BIL never gets them. I asked three DL guys in the 3 years and the answer was "once a year, never, never."
It's HIGHLY dependent upon your category and staffing at the time. My first year here I couldn't get a GS for anything, while all the guys on the 75/76 were rolling in them. Fast forward the the following year and the roles had flipped. It's all a crapshoot, but once you gain some seniority you can start to count on them a bit more...helps BIG time if you live in base.

I'm below 90% on a WB and I've gotten 3 since April and will likely get one later this month, but have passed up on many more. When I was on the NB (between 40-80%) I could usually get a GS/month, sometimes more, and once was able to get rolling thunder going...very lucrative.

Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
You people are absolutely insane if you think anyone flying for any airline on this planet ever makes or has made 100k in a month or $1 million in any year.
Based on the number of GS and GSWC (w/conflict) that some of those guys were getting, I can see how one of them hit 100k in a month this summer. It was truly insane how many GS and GSWC these guys were getting. DAL screwed up big time with the rollout/staffing of the 350 and were amazingly short staffed. That said, this was likely a one time fluke and I'd be surprised if it is ever repeated. I also don't believe that any of them will hit 1M.

Originally Posted by Sliceback View Post
Because we have a private MB and they don’t. Instead they use APC.
Thank you. We've been told by our union that no other union runs a private MB.
We have another forum and it has nothing to do with the union. It was started by a random DAL pilot after the union site got shut down. Less than a 1/3rd of the pilot group have signed up and it's mostly the same 10-20 guys posting the same thing over and over, while attacking anyone who doesn't agree with them. I'm guessing the great majority of guys that signed up no longer frequent the website.