View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 08:06 AM
DABAviator
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Default Joining with a juvenile record

Hello, I am in college now getting my bachelors in aviation, when I graduate I want to fly for the Air Force reserve or air national guard. (I am already a private pilot and will be a CFI by the time I graduate) I know I will have to go through the militaries flight school from the start regardless. The only thing I am worried about is a misdemeanor charge I have from when I was 13, adjudication was withheld so I was not convicted, and I got probation for 6 months. I have talked to an active duty recruiter who said he would work with me if I scored very well on all the qualifying test, and I have no other issues besides the 1 misdemeanor and I have 1 traffic ticket. But other then that nothing and by the time I graduate I will be 20 meaning the misdemeanor will be from 7+ years ago. Do you guys all think this will make it hard for me to get a pilot slot in the guard or reserves? And will it help that I will already be a commercial pilot and CFI, or does that not really have any effect? Thanks