View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 09:04 AM
GeeWizDriver
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by Guard View Post
I got this from a senior Captain at the bar last night who was on the negotiating committee, Union and Company envision a guy working 7/7 schedule making about $95-110K first year with new incentives based on fleet type. With 14 days of vacation = 6 weeks off (3 weeks for each 7 day tour of vacation taken) 12 sick days and 9 PTO days, basically you should work about 142-148 days a year on 7/7 schedule if you took it all. Fly about 270-320 hours a year. Not bad money for working that amount of days, I am already looking at what side business I want to start. Now that could all change with the 135 work and rest rules FAA legislation working its way through congress, NJA is pushing for a 70 year old retirement age for 135 so that could help movement a lot.
FANTASY. And by the way, it's not 12 sick days a year AND 9 PTO days. It's ONE day earned per month for a total of 12, OF WHICH 7 can be used for PTO, the remainder of which can ONLY be used for sick. Short version: 12 days, not 21.

We won't even touch the silly idea of a new hire making $100K first year. Not. Happening.