View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 11:01 AM
pilotpayne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”

Originally Posted by IQuitEagle View Post
I agree that QOL items have different values for different people. Soft time here isn't like there. We primarily get paid by soft time (except maybe on the 777; I blocked in an entire year here what I would do in 3 months there, and no I wasn't on reserve). Throw in the pension, B-fund, excellent health insurance, good work rules, and it adds up, in addition to the base pay rate. I made excel spreadsheets. I ran the numbers. For me it made financial sense, in addition to offering other benefits.

I definitely agree it is all subjective. I have friends who are staying there. I think I've earned my right to call it JetJoke, after 7 years of putting up with increasing BS there. The operation is a joke. I feel for you and everyone who works there. Your management is a colossal train wreck. You don't have to agree. But you're really going to get offended by it?

I didn't intend to make this a JB vs XXX airline. I was just pointing out that financially speaking, it isn't necessarily true to say that after 4 years it doesn't make sense to leave. But to each his/her own. I wish you all good luck.

Yeah I will a little. Oh maybe I should go back to the Air Wisconsin threads and point out all of the issues they already know about. I don’t but that’s me. If anything the “negative sides” (truth) of JetBlue is well well represented on here. But sure pile on.
But if I were you with that opportunity I would bail as well. It’s definitely a good move. Obviously