View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 12:02 PM
benzoate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by PasserOGas View Post
I would be happy if they stood up for us. Since they don't. Lots of money for PEA 2018 and crickets on unilateral work rule changes and exploitation.

POG I guess my question is what is the expectation? Each time a new CEO/COO comes in and makes a change someone is unhappy about a vote of no confidence is in order? And should the union not appease the pilot group in such a matter then they don't support us?

Forgive the tone as I am not picking on you individually. Its my opinion, for what its worth, most pilots are unaware of what the union can/should do and what they are able to do.

Each time a grievance is filed its takes substantial man power and time to process. There is only so much money in a union budget for grievances. In addition, what is the end game for the grievance?

With respect to the recent FOM change regarding 15 minutes past block-in pilots are up in arms about the union not being more specific about what they should and shouldn't do. The 15 minutes is 117 and if you can't abide by that then, no offense, you are a moron. If you want to stay past 15 minutes to greet departing customers then do so. The point is you aren't required to stay beyond your duty period.

I don't recall pilots at brand X acting this way about the most trivial of issues.

I don't care much for Jetblue and if I was younger I would have left at the first opportunity. That being said I am realistic about what management will do and what the union can fight.

Lastly, 74% of Jetblue pilots voted in favor of this crap contract we have. In managements eye things are almost peachy. In the unions eye things are pretty good. On anonymous message boards outrage rules the day. Different universes for certain.

Jetblue will never achieve its potential. Conversely Gigity is not dumb enough to run the airline into the ground plus the board would never allow it. This place is a cash cow for the board. The airline runs itself due to the employees, excuse me, "crew members". Until such time as all the good will is truly gone this rudderless ship continues on an ADF path forward regardless of who is at the helm.