Thread: 2 weeks notice!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 07:11 PM
highfarfast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Rakk6 View Post
If he did get picked up by AA, then E175Driver got picked up without 121 PIC time and relatively short time in 121 world. My belief was that this is not common. Anyone else know of someone with same/similar experience getting to a legacy carrier without 121 PIC time? If so, what's the magic formula?
I was talking about majors, not legacy. THAT is the most important point to take from what I said and you seem to be hearing. However...

1) 175Driver can correct me if I’m wrong but I could have sworn I saw a post or two a while back indicating he upgarded to 145 captain. That would not only make him captain with PIC but give him another major training event (hiring departments like recent long term training) and also an extra type rating (can’t hurt).

2) Legacy Delta has hired from the right seat. However, I do not know what gets the interview for them. I have an application with them and would run there if called but it’s not a primary target for me.

3) If you work with a hiring consultant, they will tell you that AA is the hardest one to figure out. What seems to work one month will not work next month. All you can do is put yourself in the best position possible and hope you get the call. And by the way, part of putting yourself in the best position possible involves updating your application often.

Ultimately, you don’t know if you don’t try. And so many here don’t even seem to be truely trying. And then those same people complain when they see someone hired OTS ‘out of seniority order’.