Old 12-16-2018, 09:21 PM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by Drchaser View Post
Hello All,

I am very short of reaching my R-ATP minimums and have started to apply to the regionals. I was planning on doing part 135 first but since reaching the majors is the goal, getting into the 121 world sooner rather than later seems to be the smarter choice. My question is would you wait a few months to go to the more "popular" regionals (due to QOL, pay, flow, etc) because of training backlog? Or would you go to a smaller regional like Commuter Air with little to no delays, short reserve time and ton of flying available but while sacrificing pay and QOL? Will the time frame waiting really make a difference in terms of career advancement long term?

I understand that it's different for everyone but if you were to commute from BOS where would you go and why? I am not too concerned with QOL as much as I am concerned with getting a lot of flying time for quicker Captain upgrade and money to pay student loans. Thank you.
Look at the Cape Air JetBlue pathway.

Otherwise, pick the regional you want to be at and suck up the delay, unless your plan is to lateral over later as a DEC.