View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 06:47 AM
Skyward
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
I strongly doubt they intentionally landed with no data, however what data was input to generate valid numbers is going to almost certainly be a factor.

Us Deltoids have a reputation for a stick up our rear, and there are people that give that reputation cause. (looking at you, Hollywood)

In the same token, to deny WN types don't push it more than others is denying reality. Just a couple months ago, there was a storm covering up all 3 finals in ATL, and myself and UA said "no freaking way." 2 WN's said SURE!! Watching them penetrate that storm with very active cloud to ground lightening was eye opening (I've seen y'all do similar many times over the years- this was probably the worst). They were the last 2 in before the microburst hit.

We still got in on time without flying through a thunderstorm on short final...
Ha. There’s been more than one time in my life that I’ve said no feeking way I’d take that risk that delta is. Get over yourself. WN types don’t take more chances. The reputation about the stick isn’t about flying skills, lol.

It was about two months ago that we got shamed by a controller for not flying through the hole in the TS that DAL and AA just went through. It just didn’t look good to us, so we took the long way around. A few mins later AA said ours was the better choice. We don’t all see the same thing on our radar, and it depends on more than one factor.