View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 08:52 PM
theUpsideDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by Green Needles View Post
Yes. The little bit of respect I had for him is gone after telling us our kids won't know the difference. I tried to read for context and give him the benefit of the doubt, but he is disrespectful and patronizing. Our kids will absolutely know the difference of us being gone. This just shows what he really thinks of his "gold standard". TW, if you're reading this, you know you are wrong and we deserve an apology. This is how you destroy a team and goodwill management has with it's employees. I'd you hadn't noticed, the ice that morale and good labor management relations is standing on gets thinner every day.
My two year old doesn't know I missed Christmas years ago. Tom is a pragmatic man, that was actually a candid moment. You have to choose to see it as anything other than Tom being Tom.

Banks have Christmas off, if you need other options. People fly on Christmas so celebrate it on a day you have off with family. Next company I go to I'll be junior there too, and my kid will have Christmas without me, again. It'll be fine. Holidays off ain't gonna happen for all of us, make peace with it, or at the very least make a joke about it.

Snowflakes.