Thread: Am I stupid?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 08:06 AM
Cessnaflyer1213
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by Desertdweller77 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply guys, I have applied for all those carriers but they either ask for US time or a reference in the airline, which I don't have. Airwis is the only airline who prompltly replied.
I had a classmate in my Air Wis class who had a similar situation. Lots of Middle East Airbus time, but couldn't get any mainline carriers to call him back. Needed the same thing to just get on board with the first US regional that would take him, get established, and then worry about getting back into bigger stuff later.

He decided to sign up and get established in the US. He took the bonuses up front and committed himself to the company for 2 years. As soon as he gets 1000 hours of flying in the company, he will be eligible for promotion. About 15-18 months at the moment. Same could be true for you. He's is liking it so far and is glad he made the move to the US.

As an alternative, remember you are not required to accept the bonuses up front. You would get the signing bonus right away and your Type bonus after you complete IOE. The rest you can earn as you go. This option allows you the flexibility to leave anytime if another operation is looking to hire you.