Thread: Pilot Shortage
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 09:12 AM
4V14T0R
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
That would be 3200 hours of 121 SIC. It begs a couple questions. Did you change employers? Or did you somehow not have seniority to upgrade until you hit 3200 hrs SIC?

Because I'm seeing a few people - especially in wholly owneds with flow - gathering LOTS OF SIC time and passing up on upgrades until they get senior enough to avoid reserve, hold the base they are in, or get a line, or even to be able to get a line nearly as good as the last one they had as an FO.

I've always wondered how that was going to be interpreted at the next level, as someone masterfully gaming the system or as someone lacking in ambition? Or as something else? Not a put down or implied criticism and since you have lots of apps out not necessarily applicable to you personally, just a question for ANYBODY with insight about that issue.

I had just under 3200 prior to upgrade. I took the first available. For those starting today at many regionals it won’t take that long, but there are a lot of us out there where it did. It took me just under 4 years. It is now just over 2 years at my airline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk