Han Solo
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2013
  • Position
    Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy
Quote: Ha Ha!

Well, I just got off the phone with a UHC claims rep. She looked up the claim and was just as stunned as I was with the "illegible" reason for why the claim was denied. She looked at it an cannot figure out why it was denied. All the information is clearly there and, get this, LEGIBLE! She couldn't do anything right then but is resubmitting it and going to make sure an actual person looks at it... She is also putting a note on it that I want a call when it gets looked at/processed again.

Plus I got the REAL address to send an appeals to now. I should charge them for the price of 2 stamps...

Denny
100% Erin Brokovich BS. Deny, deny, deny and after each denial the % of people who continue to pursue the issue declines. Eventually you talk to a human who pretends to be flabbergasted and you get what is rightfully owed. The invalid appeal address is a nice touch. Unfortunately it seems like most insurance companies follow the same script. My mother got injured in a car accident and the antics pulled by the hospital, the insurance, and even her own lawyer probably would've given me a plausible insanity defense if I'd followed through on the thoughts which immediately came to mind. I don't get how I can steal a gallon of gas and go to jail but the insurance company, hospital, and lawyers can steal near infinitely more and there are no repercussions.