Thread: Chinese Cessna
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 12:19 PM
SenecaDriver
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by Tgaug6300 View Post
The plane is a little over the 100K mark. So, lets face it the guys that are driving BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus are still really the target market. I don't think these guys really care all that much about buying U.S.

Unfortunantly, most people care about one thing: PRICE. That is really one of the only reasons why people initially placed orders for an Eclipse. Look at Wal-mart.
I don't think the Mercedes/Lexus crowd will be placing orders for this bird. I think the target market is the big flight school. It will be tough to replace the c152 from a durability stand point. Now that the Fly catcher is going to be made in China I'll stick with the 52 considering your adverage student landing.

It's funny, while Auto and appliance makers are pulling a lot of their work out of china due to poor quality, Cessna would give China the whole airframe ( I assume the U.S. will be suppling avionics and powerplants).

But quality is not the bigest problem in China. How long untill they produce their own LSA that looks suprisingly like the new cessna for half the price?