View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 12:07 PM
EDVPLT
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by Boats and Hos View Post
Firstly, the data is skewed. Those prices quoted are not always the same. Demand is what dictates pricing. You can pay up to 30$ OW for an Uber/Lyft etc. The complaints about the van were the times.

Basically, the update is a suck it speech. This is going to backfire on them big time. If you are junior, or an F/A, this is a HUGE paycut in NY. Sitting airport reserve at either airport will cost a lot more every month now.

We honestly need to do something about this. Enough grievances would fix it but the van has not stopped yet. If enough people just say no to this rubbish. Please don’t lie down and take this! Most of the crews are stuck in NY, which happens to be the most expensive, and we just got kicked in the arse. Oh, please take TOWOP, thank you.

What a bunch of liars this management team are.
While I am certaintly not happy with this shuttle going away since I will be back on reserve you can certaintly make $50 a month work. Use public transit, how hard is it? $2.75 to LGA and you can get to JFK for $5.25 using the Airtrain and Subway.

Also how has management been lieing to us? I remember reading the FOU when Russ first said they were working on a Lyft account BUT he clearly said in there to not get your hopes up cause it might not work out. Yes growth has been delayed, but sersiouly how easy do you and people think it is to just cancel a contract with another carrier and spend millions of dollars moving airplanes around. If anyone lied to us it is the union with them saying we would get a better transportation during the conference call/road shows.