View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 03:09 PM
Gone Flying
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: UNA

Originally Posted by Steelship123 View Post
For a pilot living in MSP, is the pay cut worth not commuting to New York by going to skywest? How are things here now with the new contract? How likely will I even get MSP right out of training? Also, what can I expect for takehome pay per paycheck 1st year, and what are the profit sharing checks like?
Ill answer the second half of your question. SKW does not have a contract since we have no union. MSP is probably attainable in the first 6 months.( 2 of these you will be in SLC anyway) jr pilot now in MSP was hired in October. paycheck will be 65x$45 while in training and 75x$45 after your sim check-ride. 401K match starts after year 1. during year 1 you are eligible for pilot profit sharing based on how much you credit and how much credit across the company. this is paid every march and September. I would guess 1400-1800 each check as an fo. after year 1 you are eligible for performance based rewards paid every quarter(aprox $250-$300, everyone in the company gets the same amount). after 2 years at the company you are eligible for financial rewards (based on SKW profit margin) I am told by those who are eligible for all the bonuses after 2 years they add about $10k to annual earnings for a captain.