Thread: Pilot Shortage
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 05:14 PM
wrxpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by CptGSXR View Post
I was hoping that through networking it would help, I have internals with at least 4 of them and working on a fifth. But no military time or Checkair man letter, nothing like that. But I was trying NOT to hijak this thread, so no focus on me, i'll get out EVENTUALLY but seems like an endless uphill struggle right now with all this talk of "PILOT SHORTAGE". Just not seeing the hiring. The lost decade is a thing for regional pilots and the hiring process just doesn't make sense most days.

And I don't know how to quote 2 separate posts and didn't want to spam up this thread anymore or get off topic, so for Rick......yes you are probably correct in the long term
Hang in there! I know it sucks, I’ve been there. Not long ago I was in your shoes, and extremely frustrated. But I kept plugging away, doing what I could within reason. Then all of a sudden the door cracked open, and I FINALLY got a couple of interviews. That turned into a couple of offers with legacy airlines (without being a checkairman and no military experience). I also had a lot of SIC time due to the long upgrade times at my regional from the bad old days.

I always hated it when people told me my time would come and to be patient, but it really is true!