Thread: Class Drop List
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 06:47 PM
speedbrakearmed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by BillyBob1 View Post
I'm a new hire starting class in mid Jan, looking for some advice if anyone can help me out or point me to the correct forum. I'm trying to put a list of aircraft/locations together in case I have options when I go to indoc. My goals are to fly as much as possible and upgrade as fast as possible, just looking for some insight as to what my best options are. Right now my #1,2,3 choices would be 175 ORD, 145 ORD, 145 LGA. I would like to be in DFW but the upgrade times are a lot longer from what I understand. My thinking is that the 175 will see movement over the next few years with the increasing fleet size but not sure if that is accurate. I read in this forum that there were some 175 only classes, is that still happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
I think it's important to mention something. You like everyone as soon as they get here aspires to "fly as much as possible, upgrade ASAP, build your PIC time and get out". Not that any of that logic isn't sound, but I will tell you as much as any other line pilot here that you shouldn't burn yourself out in these pursuits. Fly your line, pick up OT when it's convenient, and enjoy your days off. We don't make enough money to sacrifice our days off to pick up OT, especially if you're a commuter. You don't want to dread coming into work and I can personally tell you that after flying 90+ hours consecutively month after month will do that to you. Be someone who likes coming into work and is able to spread that positivity out on the line. Enjoy the ride, you're going to be doing this until your 65.