Thread: Class Drop List
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 08:43 AM
BillyBob1
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by speedbrakearmed View Post
I think it's important to mention something. You like everyone as soon as they get here aspires to "fly as much as possible, upgrade ASAP, build your PIC time and get out". Not that any of that logic isn't sound, but I will tell you as much as any other line pilot here that you shouldn't burn yourself out in these pursuits. Fly your line, pick up OT when it's convenient, and enjoy your days off. We don't make enough money to sacrifice our days off to pick up OT, especially if you're a commuter. You don't want to dread coming into work and I can personally tell you that after flying 90+ hours consecutively month after month will do that to you. Be someone who likes coming into work and is able to spread that positivity out on the line. Enjoy the ride, you're going to be doing this until your 65.
Thanks, I completely agree, I definitely don't want to burn myself out, I would be happy with 75 hours per month and upgrade within 2 years, which seems reasonable at this point? Please tell me if i'm way off. I have a friend who has been with envoy 5 months now in the 145 and only flown 150 hours so I would like to avoid that if at all possible.. but I guess being on reserve can be hit or miss. Is this the typical hours I can expect to fly while on reserve or are there ways to fly more? I know it gets easier to fly as a lineholder but that will take 4-8 months (according to an earlier post). Thanks again.